MDM Enterprise Architect
At the time I was hired to do this job Blokker Holding was the largest non-food retailer in The Netherlands and owns 12 store chains including Blokker, Leen Bakker, Xenos, Intertoys, Bart Smit, Big Bazaar & Marskramer. These chains operated in 11 European countries through privately owned and franchised stores. The Blokker Holding had a total of 26.000 employees. The company was transitioning from a traditional, single channel retail model to an omni-channel offering in the household, interior design and toys market segments.
The Blokker Holding exsisted of several brands who operated as independent entities. The architecture and supporting processes differed enormously which caused a lot of inefficiencies.
- capturing the “as-is” Product MDM architecture within the various operating companies;
- delivering a standardized target MDM architecture across the various operating companies;
- defining the omni-channel master hierarchy;
- establishing rules on data integration;
- preparing retail processes concerning product data.